Tuesday 25 September 2012

My Fall Polishes: Barielle Falling Star

An oldie but a goodie which is most definitely part of my favourite Fall/ Winter polishes! This polish had been a major lemming of mine for a very long time (we don't have Barielle in the UK), yet it was sitting in my untrieds stash for over a year when I finally got around to wearing it last week!

Falling Star is a medium blue packed with copper glitter which does indeed remind me of pretty stars in the evening sky. The combination of the blue and the copper is so appealing to me and it made this polish fresh and original at the time of launch.

The formula was a bit tricky. It was thick which for some reason I didn't expect it to be but not that hard to work with if that makes sense. Nothing a bit of thinner didn't fix.



What do you think of this oldie? Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Pretty! I have this one but hardly ever wear it because of the formula. Still a nice color though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had received a bad batch, considering the thickness of the polish. Seems to be a general problem. But there's no denying it is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence. I'd never seen that brand before and just last week I saw Eve swatch that very polish on tudosobreesmaltes.com
    It's a very beautiful blue, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty very winter vibes about it!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my beating heart. This is stunning. Just lovely!!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it and love it! :-) I like such "not very obvious" combos of colour and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should check out TKMaxx if you have one, mine has LOADS of Barielle sets in there :), I got the moody blues set that has falling star in it and 4 other polishes for about £10 I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a TKMaxx near me but I've heard really good things about their polish bargains! I'm gona google the nearest one to my postcode :)

      Delete
  8. This is one of my all-time favorites, and it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this shade and the glitters in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been a fav of mine - bought mine from Barielle when I was so into picking up shades - by one get next for 50% off...then I sort of got blown out of the water by them releasing sooooo many new shades all at once - I was overwhelmed and never got back to polish shades - but I use their nail strengthening cream and love love their Intensive Nail Renewal Oil - which now I find both are sold at Sallys in part of the Barielle Pro line - the cream is the same pot inside of a Pro box - the oil is named something different in the Pro line but looks/smells/works just the same so sure it's the same product. Buying those now at Sally's has me not looking at the newer Barielle shades (and thus not buying more).

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful polish - shame on me that it still sits among my untrieds :-S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful nails, beautiful polish !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...